The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Saturday 6 March 2010

lotherton hall


The snow arrived again back in January so the opportunity arose to catch up, though still undecided as to what i needed to do for the piece. My sketches were the starting point so I had three variants to work from. The blue beret was my starting point wanting to mix feathers and felt feathers, but unsure about the exact end image. 

The second one was similar to the red felt piece I have created before however it wasn't feeling as inspiring to create a replicate.

The final design is based on wings and I am excited about doing this as its a technique that I haven't tried, yet do I have the time to do this when it requires a lot of sampling.
Whilst doing this a bird flew into the window and sadly died so it seemed symbolic with the rest of the ideas I was creating

No comments:

Post a Comment