The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Saturday 13 November 2010

Tutorial

I have been in a quandary with the MA knowing where to take my work next and whether it will have millinery in it or not So it was with trepidation that I approached my tutorial this week as I felt that I had lots of storms whirling in my head with no clarity as to how to take the ideas forward. After emptying my brain (poor Melanie and Polly) there started to look as if there maybe a plan and what was detritus and sheer whimsy on my part that will need returning to later was removed and the right path identified. So for the moment I am going to look at accessories as objects and how they are perceived and how to change that perception potentially through different forms of curation, So need to look at exhibitions I think that work (Kensington Palace, Martin Margiela) and those that don't in my opinion. Take this and look at merchandising that works and that is often more directional than curating in galleries etc. Look to develop a collaborative exhibition or a way to exhibit my own work in a more directional manner.

So if you can pass on any exhibition/window display reviews they will be most welcome.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen york art gallery? They have a hat exhibition but its dire! Maybe something to look at?

    ReplyDelete