The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Wednesday 18 January 2012

New Year's Resolutions......

I am not a great resolution person, too many years creating regimental lists of things to give up and not sticking to them. I liked the idea that one should take something up for New Year instead. On reading Guardian columnist Rebecca Smithers article on using her wardrobe more effectively in 2012, and following my own research into the Rag Trade maybe it was time for me to do the same. Take on the challenge to work with the clothes that I have and the mounds of fabric I have squirreled away for that rainy day and return to those halcyon days of creating an outfit not buying one. This has been spurned on even more so when observing family members doing just that Ags' sewing projects and new family members and that youthful exuberance of creating clothes from material that cost a £1 Miss Sabina.

So the question remains as to whether I can resist the lure of that paper bag of happiness, even when visiting the wonders of Cos. Having wondered through the High Street recently I don't think this will be a problem I always feel swamped and almost panicked by the sheer plethora of items, too much choice and my brain does say 'landfill'. Gosh  Lucy Siegle has done her job well! So along with trying to work out my hat route for 2012 I will try and work out the clothing route also and hunt out my old Vogue patterns, I do have the fabric........


No comments:

Post a Comment