The beautiful man

The beautiful man

Monday 16 July 2012

A touch of vintage

Whilst tidying my workroom I found my lovely box of vintage hats that I have acquired over the years and realised that though they come out for millinery classes I have never actually photographed them. These are all mass manufactured pieces, my aunt used to volunteer in a charity shop in Preston and these came in as a lot of hats all looking as if they have never been worn. I can only surmise that these were from a hat shop that was in Preston in the 1950's - 60's and had been stored safely. A fascinating insight into shapes and the materials used, in particular the wire which enabled the hats to hold onto the head without extra fixing which our wire today doesn't always allow.









No comments:

Post a Comment